Friday, March 13, 2009

Launch- Welcome to my Blog




I suppose that a defining moment in our postmodern experience is the penning of our first blog.  Although this can hardly be considered my first, it is the first with which I am making a personal and public commitment to maintain, at least, on a weekly basis.  Points of Departure will explore a varied collection of topics--the areas of interest that intrigue me and, hopefully, those of you who will visit and contribute to my postings.  What are my areas of interest?  They are, as the old saying in journalism goes, "a mile wide and an inch deep."  They will range from philosophy and religion to politics and current events; language and culture; to literature and conspiracy theories, and whatever else we can explore.  The universe is our classroom and consciousness our playground.  It is not my desire for this blog to be too high-brow because I think that laughter is the best counterbalance to the gravity of the times in which we live.  However, I'm open to going wherever the spirit of the subject matter takes us.  So, once again, welcome to my blog.  I hope that it will be as informative as it will be fun.

5 comments:

  1. You're a welcome addition to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will be very informative. I'm looking forward to the topics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Respect. Anxious to engage in the upcoming post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys. I'm looking forward to mixing it up with you.

    ReplyDelete